Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Thursday Thirteen: A Summer of Learning
12 Days until school starts. I am so sad. It has been such as awesome summer. Noah has blossomed into this amazing kid right before my eyes. Everyone told me that the summer between kindergarten and first grade was HUGE, but I really didn't believe it. Noah will be starting first grade and be gone EVERY DAY ALL DAY. Aaron will be going to preschool 4 mornings a week. Even though we struggle financially with me not working full time, this summer really taught me how blessed I am am that I can teach in the evenings and be home with the kids during the day. Here are 13 of the things that I was blessed to witness this summer:
13. Noah went from sounding out 3 letter words in June, to being an independent reader
12. Aaron learned to love going to library every week as much as the rest of us. Both boys completed the reading club and got bags of prizes for the success
11. Noah pulled out his first tooth during a story together at bedtime
10. Aaron, at 3 years old, learned to jump into the deep end of a pool and turn around and swim to the side without help.
9. Noah learned to jump off the diving board and swim to the far end of the shallow end with the backstroke, elementary backstroke, and front crawl
8. Aaron learned to write his name (he FINALLY did the "R" last week)
7. Noah learned how to ride his bike without training wheels
6. Aaron got to participate in REAL school at VBS and loved being part of a "class"
5. Noah started piano lessons and is doing better than I expected
4. Aaron is finally starting to match pitch when we sing with him
3. Noah can recite the entire Lord's Prayer without help
2. Aaron learned to pump his legs on a swing all by himself
1. I learned to appreciate every day with my kids for what it is and know that these days are going WAY too quickly.
So if you tune in to this blog in 12 days, September 2, it probably won't be a pretty site/sight. I miss them already.