Well, it is now 9:00 AM. our house guests have just left. They have yet another three hour drive plus three more days of visiting to do. We are sitting here staring at our hands. Not really. I will post later about what I will actually be doing all day today but for now I am just sitting looking around. The house is relatively put together. The boys are dressed. They have already attempted 2.5 fights that were quickly thwarted. I am afraid there may be several battles today, just because of let down.
It was a very good visit. A small house, four days, four little boys, two moms, and a dad could have been disastrous. But surprisingly, everything was somewhat calm. Kids slept every night, ate everyday, played well together, and stayed healthy. Could I ask for more?
I will do my first Thursday 13 to share the highlights from the visit.
13. Bubbles at the Children's Museum
11. Alex coming to choir with Noah at church and playing tone chimes in front of church
10. Dylan wearing Aaron's doggie costume for the 2nd half of the visit, and still wearing it as they headed out the door this morning. I hope he enjoys it. The head was always too big for AA (long story)
9. Setting up a blog for Beth (I'll post the link on Sunday)
8. Quiet time every day
7. Ordering six kids meals with different contents through the McD's drive-through, only to be told at the window by the teenage employee that I was being "irritating" because of such a large order. I am STILL fuming!
6. Alex reading a skeleton bok to Noah in the back of the car.
5. Marveling at the creation of race track the boys made coming ALL THE WAY down the stairs.
4. Making WAYYYYY too much pasta for dinner. There is still a very large bowl of plain cooked noodles sitting in my fridge
3. Biggest fight of the week: trying to get everyone's hands washed in a Subway bathroom
2. Playing outside with the baseball tees...Alex falling down in the snow and INSISTING that he had to change "right now" because he's "seriously uncomfortable"
1. Spending time with my friend for an extended period of time and knowing that we made fun memories that will last.
Alex, Noah, Dylan (complete with doggie suit), Aaron
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned for later when I share today's project.