Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tuesday Potpourri

Okay, I am getting very frustrated with Blogger. Has anyone else ever awakened the next day to find the pictures they posted have disappeared? It has now happened for the 4th time. There have been times when I posted a string of pictures and half of them disappeared when I logged back on several hours later. This morning, both of the magazine pictures of the boys that I posted yesterday were missing. Driving me nuts!

In other news, I got a call while I was teaching last night. Steve wanted to know what to do for Aaron, who apparently had hit his head on the edge of the sink in the bathroom. How he did it seems to be a mystery but I came home expecting a concussion and all sorts of nightmares. This is what I found:








I don't know if you can see the big bruise on his forehead in this light or not. The goofy kid didn't even cry.






I heard an interesting tidbit on the news last night. When the reporter was talking about another stretch of cold weather coming, he said "The good thing about this cold is that if it gets warm too soon, that's what brings tornadoes." I didn't know that and for a split second was grateful that it was cold for a little while longer. Yet, I still can't wait until Spring.

And lastly, when your three year old is finally starting to use the potty for "flowers" regularly, apparently they need to become "real men" and take reading material into the bathroom to do their business. When I came up from laundry yesterday, this is what I found:



















We are babysitting the neighbor girl today. She just turned two and the boys love having her around. I imagine we'll end up at the burger store so they can have a chance to run around. Fries have become less of a temptation so it has been easier to take the kids there. Luckily, they like the apples as much as the fries so it's not a big deal to not order them.

Have a great Tuesday.

13 comments:

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Ouch, I would have cried! A lot!

Courtney said...

I think I probably would have cried. And Aa is definitely a real man now.

Laski said...

Hee hee . . . that last photo is awesome. "men" are so, so cool . . .

Melissa said...

great picture of your son being a "man" :)

Mimi's Toes said...

Ouch...he's a tough little guy. That is too funny on the toilet, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I will never look at a Flower in the same way without thinking of this post.

Believer in Balance said...

Such a male thing to bring is reading material! It must be genetic!

Deb said...

Call me tonight and I can walk you through another option for photos. We forgot to do that the other night.

LOL - love the last pic of Aaron! Becca takes reading material on the potty when she goes too - probably has something to do with us reading "Once Upon a Potty" to her every time she sits on there. At least until the silly book disappeared, anyway. :)

KC said...

Ouch.. that bump looks like it hurts.
LOL about the potty shot.. Does all men do this or what???LOL I would put a whole libary in my bathroom if I thought it would help Little Man do his flower on the potty..:)

Hillary said...

That's quite a bump! OW!

Unknown said...

i like the last picture..hehehe. nice "little man"!

Anonymous said...

Hello!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I see you live in MI and are friends with Deb.. so we might actually be neighbors if you live by Deb. (I live in Hudsonville)

I can't say that I've had any problems with Blogger. (Knock on wood) So sorry I'm of no help there.

Hugs for Aaron! Wht a tough little guy!! My two would of been crying for sure!

LOL About having to read when he "flowers". Everytime my kids sit on the potty they need their books too.

Ally said...

We had one of those goose-eggs over Christmas break. It scares the bejeebers out of me! But she did okay with it. :P

Funny about the reading material for the Throne! Although, I don't really allow my hubby in the bathroom with reading material. Cuz I don't want him in there any longer than he has to be! (If you know what I mean!! The smell gets overwhelming!) ha, ha :D

Jenny said...

Great pictures! I haven't had a problem with pics disappearing, but all other picture problems have been solved with changing the file size. I can email you a great free website if your photo program doesn't do it.