Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Easter

Yesterday, while the boys and I were eating lunch, I started asking Noah questions about Easter. I was amazed at how much of the story he knew well. He even asked for more explanation about why if Jesus died on Friday, it was called "Good Friday". The discussion was over heard by onlookers (we were at a restaurant) and a man at the next table came over and congratulated me on how I was talking about it with my kids.

Now I don't know if I can take any credit at all...pretty much church does all the teaching I think. But I still swelled with pride that my 5 year old seems to "get it" as much as a 5 year old can.

So in the spirit of Easter, I will share some Easter past photos.

Noah's first Easter and a bowl of eggs at Uncle Matt and Aunt Jenny's house (2003)



















Abby and Noah when they were VERY little at their first Easter egg hunt at church (2004)















Aaron's first Easter (2005)














Hannah, Noah, and Abby at our church Easter egg hunt two years ago (daughters of Deb) . I know we won;'t have anything like the green grass this year. We're under a winter storm warning as I write this. (2006)















Decorating easter cookies with Alex in Wisconsin. Notice the back of Noah's hair...it was a VERY bad cut that ended up getting shaved two days after this trip. (2007)














Boys opening easter gifts last year. Notice the shaved head on Noah. (2007)















And I know I've already shown it this year, but we needed something current, so here again is the Easter bunny photo from this year. (2008)



















Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Look at that green grass and kids in shorts! Wow. I know Easter is early this year, but still...

I just can't seem to get into the mood for it this year - haven't pulled out any decorations or taken the girls to see the bunny. I'm not sure why.

Abby has been asking questions about Jesus this year again - we had a good discussion about the difference between Good Friday and Easter the other day. I think this is the first year that she's really grasped the meaning behind the holiday.

Melissa said...

What great photos! Its great to see how they have grown throughout the years! Thanks for stopping in the morning. Have a wonderful Easter!

Courtney said...

I can't wait to teach Taylor about Easter. We have talked to her about it, but she doesn't get it at all. Maybe next year!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I can't believe your kids weren't scared of the Easter Bunny. I've never tried to get that picture but my oldest and youngest hate characters like that.

I think it's interesting how young children handle Easter. I'm always afraid to be too graphic when they are young and am shocked when they come home from church talking about Jesus dying and it not really bothering them. I guess we can learn something from them.

Anonymous said...

What a great question! Quite the little theologian you've got there :)

Hope your family had a lovely Easter!