With Noah's birthday only a little more than two weeks away, he has started asking for everything he sees for his birthday. So last week we headed off to Toys R Us and the Family Christian Store (I had to go there for something else) and I handed him the camera. I told him that he could take a picture of whatever he wanted for his birthday and that way I would remember and he wouldn't have to ask anymore.
So an hour and 65 pictures later, an exhausted mommy and buds headed home.
He knows there are certain things we don't play with in our house, and he avoided them all for the most part. So without further ado, 13 highlights of Noah's birthday list.
1. We are big time into Bible Man from the Family Christian Stores. Has anyone else discovered these DVD's? They are so cheesy but very fun and Noah is actually starting to try to quote scripture as a result.
We got the Fisher price catalog a few weeks ago and he saw these two as well as some others. He even slept with the catalog under his pillow for about a week...
2. The one he wants the most
4. At least he picked the skateboards with the protective gear included.
5. Remember all of the concoctions we've been making? Of course, this has to be on the list.
6. This was a fun one because he actually passed right by it because it "has a gun in it". I told him actually it would be OK because it was more of a launcher and he was so geeked that he could actually put it on his list.
Even though these next two were kind of "babyish", he said he wants them so he can play superheroes in the bath.
8. He wants these so he can play "Larry Boy" in the bath. Another fun DVD set if you haven't discovered them at the Family Christian Stores.
9. Actually, about 20 of the pictures were of the LEGO variety. When did legos get so expensive?
10. Ever since Daisy sent Noah the K'Nex set, he's been all about them, and loves mixing the sets. The pieces are a bit smaller but he can get a lot more creative with the things he makes.
11. I don't even WANT to know what this is.
12. Has anyone else seen the trailer for this movie? It looked really cute but after seeing the trailer, it looks just strange. Nevertheless, Noah is already asking to see it when it comes out. And he LOVES robot type things so I can see the appeal of this.
13. And lastly, even if you own 3,652 matchbox, hot wheels, etc., it is very important for every list to have variety packs of more. "Oh, but Mom, these are SPEED RACER cars!"
He probably won't get a whole lot on this list. I already got him a lego set and a book with beads that he wanted. We don't really do a big present give-away for their birthdays. Especially since the kid already gets fireworks displays across the country on his birthday. I will probably put this in the back of my mind for Christmas but it was still fun to see what he was thinking.
If anyone out there has a little boy turning six this year, you can pick from these and be assured that it will be a successful present.