Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: While the Boys Were Gone...

Thirteen things I got done in the three hours that I had to myself while Aaron and Noah were both at school on Wednesday. All of these things seem to be "little" things that would be simple to achieve. However, it is amazing how much more thought process things take when there are little boys fighting, I mean playing, around you.

Not in order, this morning I had time to:

1. Call Suzuki Corporation about replacement of tone chimes for church

2. Take more than five minutes to shower, dry, and curl my hair

3. Change pictures in the frames on the walls.

4. Re-sort and distribute ALL of the children's books from the living room: Aaron's room, Noah's room, garage sale

5. Run and unload the dishwasher (Steve does all the loading...I told you he was a saint)

6. Fold all clothes in the living room and put in respective rooms, followed by two more loads of laundry washed, dried and put away

7. Get bio written for church website and emailed to proper person

8. Clean out both litter boxes

9. Run sprinkler in both front and back yards

10. Find missing folder from preschool that the teacher yelled at me for when I dropped Aaron off this morning

11. Fill out paperwork for the government who had the wrong social security number for one of my payroll tax forms

12. Call the church to fix mistake of above said forms

13. Make VERY long list of everything that needs to be accomplished tomorrow during this precious three hour window of time.

I am hoping that I can get things in the house caught up, then I may be able to tackle some of the bigger projects I had hoped to accomplish this fall.

10 comments:

Deb said...

Ooh, now I'm jealous of all your free time. :) I've got to talk to Brook about Becca going there one or two mornings a week - she needs it as much as I do.

Ken Isaac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Wow- you got alot done! Now you make me feel bad for wanting to come home and take nap tomorrow while Gavin and Katelyn are at school! Maybe Friday I'll get something accomplished while they are at school!

Shana W. said...

Well, that answers the question that I asked on your WW post...lol! :o)

Toni said...

Wow!

Courtney said...

Good for you to be motivated and get all that done. I can't believe the teacher yelled at you...that was rude.

Dee Light said...

You have a cute blog.

Sounds like you have been very busy. It is so hard to get things done while little ones are at home.

Sorry the teacher yelled at you. We have a PE teacher at our school who is also in charge of directing traffic at drop off and pick up. She tends to be a yeller if parents don't follow her procedure for pick up to a T.

KC said...

you got alot done.. way to go..

Mom Knows Everything said...

I never got anything done today. :o(

bethn said...

Isn't it great to have a little time alone at home to get things done. The trick is to spend a little bit of that time doing something for yourself occasionally. Enjoy your time!