I'm seriously behind on my reader reading. I am actually way behind on pretty much everything because I got carried away with a tackle this week. I will be sharing the full story with pictures on Tuesday.
But for today...
After six years in our very old house, quite a few things still haven't gotten done. The bedrooms have each been painted a few times, but the kitchen has not. After so many attempts at cleaning the walls, I had HAD IT this weekend and decided NOW was the time to finally freshen up the kitchen.
Here are 13 "discoveries" I made as I tackled this huge project.
1. The light above the sink actually has no encasing and as the peg board above came loose, TONS of blown insulation came pouring out into the sink and ONTO my head
2. If you move a cheap computer desk just ONE TOO MANY times, it will COLLAPSE in your lap, along with the numerous things piled on top.
3. If your computer desk collapses, your kitten will be the first one to inspect the damage.
Thanks for the help, Pumpkin
4. If you move the refrigerator to clean and paint behind, and it has been several years, be prepared for nastiness beyond all comprehension
Minnie's turn to inspect
5. Ditto for the stove
I STILL can't imagine how all that stuff got under the stove...ewwww!
6. When you buy special "kitchen paint", it will take two or three coats to cover, unlike the bedrooms where I got away with one, sometimes two.
7. If you take three days to paint a room, it will take that many different roller covers if you are not talented at washing them out (me)
8. If you put tape around a window that still has sticky from the plastic window insulation from last winter, then the tape will be REALLY DIFFICULT to take off when the project is over
9. If you paint the kitchen a completely different color, then everything that used to match no longer does
10. When you change the color of a kitchen, you now need to purchase all new window coverings, chair pads, etc. that there is no money left for, but need to be done...WalMart here I come.
11. Every painting project makes a bigger mess than before the project started
12. Now the adjacent rooms need painting even worse than before...just because the difference is so noticeable
13. I love the feeling of a "new, clean" kitchen, even if it means that I will spend the rest of the week playing "catch up"
I can't wait to share the pictures with you next week.