Friday, May 9, 2008

During my trip down vacation memory lane...

It was actually a very stressful week. I know I have vowed to not burden my loyal readers about my "womanly" problems that still don't seem to have resolved or to vent my frustrations over my challenging eldest son.


I need to say that those two biggest stresses in my life clashed this week and we had a VERY CHALLENGING week. I was actually thankful for the vacations posts in order to prevent me from venting. You may all be thankful as well.

Add on top of it trying to run a garage sale with Deb.

As a result of some of the problems this week, I decided to take Noah to the doctor this morning to get his blood drawn for a glucose test. I figure it would give us a start to finding answers to what makes him tick and what makes him NOT tick.

What a fun morning.
We got to the med center around 7:30, with Aaron in tow of course. I had told Noah we were going and he did okay until he got in there and SAW the needle. Then, he completely flipped out. He thrashed around so much that she couldn't find the vein and ended up having to try his other arm. Thankfully, the second time around it worked. As a reward (and because he wasn't allowed to eat breakfast before the test) I took them to breakfast at Arnie's before I took him to school.

I don't know what the results will be and, like I said, I am going to make an effort to be more positive about Noah in general on this blog. I hope we start getting some answers both to my own health questions, as well as his.

Sorry for the wordy post. In other news...


Anybody know what happened? I am so sad.


Scarlet O'Kara said...

My condolences on your Hydrangea...not sure what happened to it either. I am the type of person that can kill Silk Plants!

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

I still think you might be able to save it - but then again my track record isn't exactly great either. :)

See you in the morning!

Debbie Yost said...

I'm sorry you've had a rough week. Next weeks got to be better, right? I don't really know about the hydrangea, but sometime over fertilizing will cause leaves to brown (I think) I'm not a great gardener. I hope you get some good advice.

Stacey said...

I will be waiting to hear how your son's tests turn out--

---- I once killed a cactus -- so I can only wish you luck from afar with the plant!

Queen Mommy said...

Sorry to hear about your, ahem, problems...totally sucks!

I hope his tests turn out ok!

Not to worry about the Hydrangea, mine looks like that too. It may have been the cold snap. Just hang with it!

LadyBugCrossing said...

Firstly - it's your blog and you can vent if you want to.. I know a good vent can sure make you feel better.

Secondly - I hope all the tests come back fine.

Thirdly - your hydrangea might just perk up... Don't panic yet!

Margerie said...

I have two challenging boys myself. Sometimes I get so frusturated because I just want them to be happy and they insist on the angst. I have a friend that was at her wit's end with her boy. She brought her son to the pediatrician and he ran some tests. Conclusion "He is four. This is how four year olds process the world." Gee thanks buddy!

Anyway, hope it is nothing serious and that your little bump in the road is in the rear view mirror soon.

And your hydrangea- I think you either watered it too much or not enough ;)
LOL I have no idea either. Hopefully you will both perk up!

bethn said...

I'm sorry things aren't going better for you. I hope the test gives you some of the answers you're searching for. I"ll be thinking of you.

Childlife said...

Hope the tests turn out OK with Noah and that this next week is a better one for you. Hang in there!