Thursday, July 10, 2008

Aaron's Birthday Reaction and a New Gift

I know this week has been somewhat Noah heavy. What can I say...the boy turned six! Deb's post yesterday summed up Noah's birthday party from Sunday and I am quite sure I cannot say much more. So now I want to take another angle...

As I was talking to my sister-in-law at the party on Sunday, she commented that she and my brother realized they had never attended a birthday party for Aaron and several for Noah. I told her I always feel bad because since Noah's birthday is a holiday every year, it turns into a multi-day event, as opposed to Aaron's birthday in October when life is happening. He gets the typical one day little party.

I hope to do better for him this year. I have never been one of those parents that gives presents to the other siblings on a birthday. And true to the course, Aaron sat through FOUR DAYS of Noah getting spoiled for his birthday. He handled it so well, never once asking why he didn't get anything. That's amazing for a three year old. For that reason, I was very happy for his excitement when my parents delivered a surprise for him after Noah's party on Sunday.

They bought a condo a year or two ago and bought bunk beds for the downstairs bedroom. After seeing this report on the TODAY show, they decided to restructure that room for safety reasons. Aaron came out on top in the deal (pun intended). While we were finishing up at the party, my parents and Steve came back to our house and put together the entire top bunk for Aaron. It is so cool. It is only about 18 inches off the ground and has a railing all around.

Until now, Aaron has been sleeping on a mattress and box spring on the floor and the mattress was terrible, squeaking and bouncing and I am quite sure, affecting his sleep. We had been wanting to get him a new bed for quite awhile now. On top of that, ALL of Aaron's clothes were upstairs in Noah's room because there was no space in his tiny bedroom for a dresser.

So I was able to go to Target, get several drawers for under the bed and put them together yesterday. Aaron kept showing up in the living room in different outfits yesterday because he was so excited to have access to his own clothes. Although we have to curb that, his delight was unbeatable.














On top of that, the boys had a blast making a hiding place after the drawers got put into place while I was babysitting.














And best of all, he has taken a nap in his bed for two days in a row (as opposed to my bed) and has slept past 7:00 AM several times this week. Woo Hoo!

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for a very generous gift and for making everyone in this house very happy!

6 comments:

Deb said...

His bed looks awesome! And congrats on the sleeping past 7:00 AM - way to go, Aaron!!! :)

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

That bed looks so fun! I love the picture of the peeking out from underneath.

Courtney said...

He looks so thrilled and congrats on the better sleeping. That bed is pretty cool!

Dad of Divas said...

Go Aaron... what a nice gift and Aaron just looks thrilled! Awesome bed!

Amy Plumb said...

That is awesome to have grandparents like that. Yeah! for Aaron!

Mom Knows Everything said...

Is that ever cool! I love that idea!