Chris tagged me for a meme. I have also been tagged for another that I will probably finally have time to get this week. My life looks to be pretty boring this week.
The meme was about how you would describe yourself to someone whom you haven't seen in fifteen years. Let's see...15 years ago was 1993. Sophomore year in college...wow, what a different life. You are allowed ten bullets with which to update your life.
* I married Steve W...most of the people who were in my life at that point knew Steve to be the Phi Mu Alpha hugger. Everywhere you went, a girl was hugging him and no one ever imagined anyone actually snagging him. We are celebrating 12 years of marriage this December.
* I have two beautiful boys. I loved being pregnant and labor wasn't that bad for me. I would do it again if God saw that as the plan, but I love our little family of four and it suits us well. I always thought I wanted girls, but God made the right decision in sending boys my way. I would have been a much worse mom if I had been blessed with girls.
* I did actually teach school music for six years, but then discovered that school teaching didn't work for me. Instead, teaching piano is a much better way to use my education and God given talents
* I have lived in several apartments and one house since that time. In Wisconsin for a year and a half, and then returning to Michigan.
* 15 years ago I was the pianist for the campus ministry. I continued to be a church employee, both as organist at a little church in Wisconsin, and also holding choir director and bell director positions at our current church
* I am much more in tune with my family than I was 15 years ago. At that time, I very rarely saw my brother or sister more than once twice a year. Pretty close to the same with my parents. Now, my sister lives less than an hour away and we see my brother's family close to every month or so. All of our kids consider each other their best friends.
*The friends whom I was closest to 15 years ago are STILL the closest friends today. The first three that come to mind are all fellow bloggers, one of whom will be tagged below.
* We are not as financially stable as I would have thought 15 years would bring, but that is in part mostly to the decisions that we have made for our family. I still have hopes that the next 15 fifteen will see us reach the place for which we aim.
This was much harder than I thought it would be
* I have not gone very many places in the last 15 years. I have only been on a plane trip once since then, and handled it so badly that I don't plan to ever ride one again. I finally made it Disney World 8 years ago for the first time, and we are planning to go again as a family trip next March. I want my kids to have that experience when they are young and not wait until they are 27 years old.
* IN general, I think I am a happier person than I was 15 years ago. Even though we struggle financially, I feel like the support system I have is so secure with my family and friends that I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I do not believe I had a very positive outlook 15 years ago...now I know that the future holds as many adventures as the past has.
I hope I am still blogging in 15 years. It would be fun to see what this meme would say in 2033.
I would like to tag
Beth, Jennifer (if you're not in labor), Queen Mommy, Tammy, and Courtney.