Thursday, July 31, 2008

New Favorite Product On The Market

I am not being paid for this entry. Nor did I receive a free sample to test it, as so many others are getting lucky to do.

I am however, telling you that I paid full price for a hygiene item I saw advertised, just because I wanted to see if it worked. I guess Listerine made a product similar but it got recalled. The one we have is by Orajel Kids. It even has Scooby Doo on the cover...one one Noah's favorites at the moment. It is a product that helps kids to brush their teeth more effectively.

I was lax in getting Noah to learn to brush his teeth the right way. I let him use the toddler, safe to swallow, toothpaste until he turned six a few weeks ago. I know it was wrong, but it was just easier.

So he finally learned how to spit.

Then I saw this in my Parents magazine. What a great idea. So I showed it to Noah and he was so excited. I was planing to wait for it to go on sale, but I decided to go ahead and try it.

Noah literally RAN inside at 3:00 in the afternoon to brush his teeth and try it.



















First he swished it around in his mouth for 30 seconds














Then he had to see what his blue mouth looked like














Then came the regular brushing (and spitting)






Notice Aaron standing by watching...he's still too young






And after a few checks, all clean.














The kid is BEGGING to brush his teeth at least three times a day. I am absolutely willing to feed this fetish for awhile. I figure by the time the novelty wears off, he will be an expert at teeth brushing and have established the twice a day habit that I have been lacking in from the day they were born.

A lot to gain from $4.99.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, what's the flavor? We're trying to get Jake to do a little better brushing with his teeth so I think this would be a huge help!

Becky said...

We, too, have had good success with that product.

I remember something similar back in the late 70's. Chewable tablets that helped show you where to brush. I remember them tasting like a flintstone vitamin...and they worked to help me get in a good habit of brushing.

Whatever works, I say!

Courtney said...

Is there certain ages on it or just when they learn to spit?

Amy Plumb said...

Great idea for small kids!

Kristi, I'm sending the Noah & Aaron a Bible Man puzzle I found going through boxes. As I find stuff I'll just send it. Be blessed.
Amy

Cynthia said...

I will certainly have to try this...The teeth brushing situation around here is dire!

Mom Knows Everything said...

My dentist gave me something like that for the kids. It's great eh!