Monday, July 28, 2008

And Baby Makes Six...The First Day Home

Most of you who read my blog, also read Deb Mom of 3 Girls. And if you visit Deb regularly, you know that her cat Snuggly had kittens about 6 weeks ago. They have had to face the early passing of one of them and are now ready to send the rest of them on their way (except the one that EVERYONE is saying "I told you so" about).

So, yesterday, Noah picked up his brand new kitty, Pumpkin. Pumpkin was named in honor of the passing of a bloggy friend's kitty of that name.

The jury is still out as to whether Pumpkin remains part of our family or not. Minnie, our two year old cat, doesn't seem to enjoy having her territory trampled on, and my allergies don't seem to agree with our new little family member.














However, this baby is SO SWEET! He actually likes to snuggle with me, unlike Minnie.














The boys have been so good with him. Noah carried him out to the car,














talked to him all the way home,














petted him so long that she fell asleep,














and then he covered him with a blanket.














Aaron likes to kiss him,














sleep like him,














and even read him a story. Notice him showing the pictures to the kitten.














And boy does this kitty love to sleep in silly positions.














We had one scary moment when we thought he was lost, but Daddy found him under the recliner part of the sofa.














Like I said, I am still undecided about whether Pumpkin stays. If it were up to me, I am totally in love with this little guy. But allergies and an established cat are big factors. The problem is, now that I am in love with the baby, I can't just give him up to anyone...I want him to go to a good home. That must be the struggle that Deb is feeling as well.

I'll keep you updated as we progress.

12 comments:

Deb said...

Yep... And Cloudy just went to her new home about an hour ago too. It was so strange watching her stick her little paws out through the carrier toward Snuggly. It's going to be awfully quiet around here.

I hope everything works out with Pumpkin - thank you for posting the pictures so we can see how well he's doing (even if you and Minnie aren't, lol).

Toni said...

Ah, I love kitties!

Shana W. said...

Oh Minnie is not happy in that first picture! WOW!!! Good luck. :o)

Mom said...

I LOVE kittens, Minnie will soon get over the new baby in the house I know mine did when we got a new kttien 3 years ago.

Dad of Divas said...

You have to love kittens! I know though that if I were to bring one in now, both of my cats would throw a hairball and fur would fly. Good luck with the transition!

KC said...

pumpkin is a cutie.. I hope it all works out

Mom Knows Everything said...

That kitten looks so cute!!!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

What a precious kitty!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

He is so cute! I hope things work out for you.

Kila said...

Awww, what a beauty :)

Karen said...

Awwwwww. I love how Pumpkin is sleeping all twisted around! :)
Hope it works out for you!!

Ladybug Crossing said...

The two cats will be fine. It will work itself out sooner or later. My older one still hisses at the little one - a year later! LOL! They have their spats, but they are friends. Yours will be fine. Just give it time.
xo
LBC