Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday Night Thoughts

The first day of VBS is under our belt. We actually had a lot of fun. The middle school group that I help to lead had 15 youth. I will actually be spending another hour making more tee shirts tonight...well worth the effort to encourage the excitement in worshiping God that we seem to be experiencing.

Each of the kids groups ended up being bigger than anticipated and kids were mixed in age a little. Noah's class was huge, with some of the kids that he has a reputation of goofing around with. He did AWESOME! He was listening and calm every time I checked on him, participated so well, and I was very proud of him. I love being able to say that. I placed Aaron with the other 3 year old preschoolers, but somehow he ended up with the older preschoolers. I was worried that he would not be able to function with them, but the teachers said that he did fine.

Moral of the story, I wonder if my panicking about my boys behavior at church MAY be on it's way out. At the risk of sounding like a broken record...could it be the hormones? I have so much more faith in my boys' ability to hold their own, and I have more faith in the teachers being understanding to each child's individual needs. Who changed? Was it me in my outlook, or my boys who are growing up? Or a combination of the two.

Now I know that backslides may happen. We always have good and bad days, but at bedtime tonight, when Noah and I were sharing our joys and concerns from the day, Noah's Joy was vacation bible school. Last year, he was begging not to go back each day. When I told him I was proud of him when we left church today, he had such a wonderful smile and said "This is the proudest day ever!"

I was so busy taking in the moments today, I didn't take any pictures. But look out tomorrow...

4 comments:

Deb said...

Your boys really did awesome today! I only hope the girls did too - they seemed to be whenever I looked in on them. And Becca even did well in the nursery - we'll see how it goes tomorrow though. :)

Courtney said...

I am so proud of Noah so I'm sure you are bubbling over. Good job Noah, keep up the good work!

Toni said...

Our VBS begins next week...

Melissa said...

Hi! Visit my blog to pick up the award I left you :)